February 6, 2014

The Wall Clock

We have a HUGE space above our door.  I have been starring at that blank wall four almost 3 years dreaming of what to put up there.  About 1.5 years ago it hit me!  I wanted to find a place for a clock in my front room but didn't love any of the options.  I also wanted to display my old family photos some were on the main floor but there isn't much wall space that wasn't used.  I could combine the two and make a HUGE Wall Clock!  It has taken a LONG time to get the project going.  I wish I could show you the final picture...but that will have to come in a different post.  We bought the wrong size of clock arms so we need to still buy the arms.  However, even without the arms I love our clock!  Originally we were going to have 'one child' at one o'clock and two at two o'clock.  But to add a few more pictures and a couple less quotes we decided to adjust it to have one o'clock use our baby photos and two o'clock when there were two in the family, three family members for three o'clock, etc.  People ask if this means we can only have a couple more children, but rest assured that we can adjust photos to add at least 5 more kids... however, if we get more than that we might have to figure out some other design for that space. ;-)
Laying out the photos to see how spacing would work.  It works so they are all either half way up or half way over.  Perfect!

See how LARGE this thing is.  And Dad was up as high as the second floor!

The kids were excited to have the ladder out and wanted turns on it.

#6 Boy Climbing

#4 Boy Climbing

The armless clock from the stairs

A straight on shot of the clock from upstairs

No comments :

Post a Comment