May 20, 2015

Bryce Canyon National Park - Navajo Trail

Bryce Canyon
We got to Bryce Canyon in the afternoon after having left Zion and played at the sand dunes.  We figured we would go hit a short walk from Sunset Point to Sunrise Point along the Rim...however, when we got there, the kids were all too excited about the Navajo trail.  Switch backs heading down into the canyon and then passing between some narrow walls. It had some amazing views with tons of Hoodoos.  We were already all a bit tired out from playing on the sand dunes but couldn't resist.  We made our way down and just had to keep going.  It was amazing.  However, as it came time to ascend up the hill, I was feeling worn down.  My little toes were hurting and my stomach was doing some contracting so I wanted to take it extra slow.  I made it most of the way with the crew but by the end I gave up and went super slow with #6 Boy.  He just held onto my hand and hiked along with me.  Slow and Steady.  Anyway, the loop was amazing and totally worth it.  It was the highlight of Bryce especially since the next morning when we woke up it was freezing!
Navajo Trail

This is the view from the top looking down into the canyon.  I think the Rim Trail would have had some great views like this one...but not as amazing as walking amidst them.


At the top

Hoodoos below

This was the descending path that we took!

Into the Canyon

The kids along the switch backs

Layered going down

#6 Boy right in front of Wall Street

The kids heading between the walls

The tall tree that grew between the walls

A little hole they found to climb through

Playing in the hole

Playing on the log...so many adventurous places!

It wasn't cold that night, though there was snow.  However, the next morning was cold!

Looking up

Along the trail


Playing on the rocks

The trees grew tall and skinny between the walls

#6 Boy was my hiking buddy always asking, "hold my hand!"  What a precious time.

Coming out from Wall Street

Posing with the rock

#3 Girl having to climb on everything she could.  I must say it looked fun to climb...but not with my belly!

Swinging #7 Boy

He loved it!

Sitting on the Log

Hiking along...people thought we were crazy to be doing the whole loop with our crew

#5 Boy hiding in a hole...the rest trying to make it to the end...I was beat!



Ascending out of the canyon

Three Hoodoos...the kids named them something but can't remember what.

#6 Boy and Mom FINALLY making it out...but it was Amazing!

No comments :

Post a Comment