May 22, 2015

Bryce Canyon National Park - View Points

The day before as we drove into Bryce through a tunnel
The kids were excited to be able to swim at the indoor pool after our long day of hiking.  #7 Boy was asleep so I hung out with him just outside the pool area and visited with some other parents.  Dad got the hard duty of taking care of all the other ones in the pool.  They all had lots of fun.


The crows didn't mind people getting close but didn't want to be touched
The next morning was cold...like snow on the window cold!
We were going to do some hiking, but I was hurting and everyone was a little cold!  I didn't think about the extra 4000+ ft of elevation when I packed!  So, once we got to our first hiking spot we took a vote and decided to just drive to the view points and enjoy Bryce that way, then head home.  I was glad that we got the hike in the day before.  We even debated about doing part of it again the next day but it was cold!

A fun view with some silly kids

I can't remember which stops each of these were at

But I love the views

So interesting the different erosion patterns

Just amazing to look at


Millions of Hoodoos!


Bryce Canyon Overlook...walking out to see the amazing view all around!

It was a little windy and cold out there

An Arch along the way

Then we had a long drive home...at least it felt long!  Even if the kids did pretty good.


#1 Girl playing sock puppets with #7 Boy while #6 Boy tried his hand at the camera (I did take out the SD card so no more pictures would be lost!)



No comments :

Post a Comment