August 14, 2013

Dinosaur Museum - Two Dollar Tuesday

Good Idea: Taking the children to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point that they have been asking to go to all summer.
Bad Idea: Taking the children to the Dinosaur Museum on Two Dollar Tuesday.
I knew it would be extra busy on such a cheap day to go.  As I drove up and the lots were packed full, I seriously debating making the children wait for another day.  Then I got in line...it was all the way out the doors?!  Again debated if it was worth going, but I was there, it was only two dollars each and the kids couldn't say that I hadn't taken them to the Dinosaur Museum.  So, we stayed, and we enjoyed it.  The special exhibit area was packed when we got there at 11 am and so they gave us a sticker saying we could come back at 1 pm.  I took the sticker not sure if we would really be around by 1 pm but was excited about their "Tinkering" exhibit and knew the children would enjoy it.  We ended up making it to the end of the regular exhibits right about 1 pm. 
The insanely long line..that ended up moving pretty quickly.

My crew checking out the exhibits
#5 Boy still likes to take claim to a spot on the stroller and would only leave it for someone else to snag if he really wanted to see something.

#6 Boy was content to wander around most of the time playing with the different hands on exhibits. I was grateful that #1 Girl was willing to help him along as needed so I could stay by the stroller with #7 Boy.  It was pretty crazy for a while.

#2 Boy was super excited, not about the bones but the shadow!

The kids always enjoy the large magnetic dinosaur bones and spend a long time playing here.  Many came and went while my children stuck around playing.

#6 Boy and #3 Girl playing in the Erosion area which is another favorite spot.  #6 Boy was content to go play by anyone and #5 Boy hung out by me most of the time on the sidelines.

#7 Boy slept through all of it until about 1 pm when the kids were digging for dinosaur bones at which time I nursed him.  Once again grateful to have big kids helping watch the little ones play in the sand.

Yes, the usually posing on the one statue.  I think we get a shot with this guy every time.  As #2 Boy said after seeing the picture, "you can't even see him!"  Too many kids :)
Tinkering
I think the children could have played in the sand for another hour or so.  But, we headed off to the Tinkering exhibit and loved it.  We spent another hour there and would have lasted longer if I had provided Samuel with a bottle.  The others were also getting hungry for lunch.  Neither of which I had packed.  So, we headed home after three hours.  In the end it ended up being a Good Idea to take the children to the Dinosaur Museum...even on two dollar Tuesday.
#6 Boy playing with the wind and sail

The boys favorite part of it all was the wind tunnels and letting garbage fly up through it and out the top.

#2 Boy loved how high this one would fly it was WAY up there.
#5 Boy wanted three connected and had fun spinning them.

#3 Girl with her mosaic

#1 Girl's mosaic with the mirrors showing it all

Boys making people and other designs with the shapes

#3 Girl making music... the kids also like the shadow box!

No comments :

Post a Comment