February 27, 2014

Treat Bins

My kids bring in a LOT of treats.  Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter, and parades.  For a long time those treats would get left in bags, bins or baskets on the counter.  Driving me crazy with the mess until they would finally either eat through it or were done with it at which point we would throw it away.  About a year ago I introduced the "Treat Bins."
Each child has their own treat bin.  The bins are on the lowest shelf in our panty.  They are labeled with their names on the front (these are flipped around).  Now when the candy comes in the children enjoy going through their candy, eating some and then saving it in their bins.  It keeps the candy contained and out of my sight.  I also allow the children to eat from their treat bins whenever they like, but when it is gone it is gone.  It has helped my children regulate themselves a bit on when they eat treats and how much they decide to eat.  It also keeps my counters clean!

No comments :

Post a Comment