February 9, 2013

Off Track Activities

This last week we worked on making up for the lack of activities from the first week off track.  Though most of it was at home.  The children have been great about helping clean, cook and get things done around the house.  They have also gone with me for a doctor appointment, presidency meeting, the library, Cousin's baptism and Cousin's baby blessing.  Dad had to work most of the day Saturday.  The short time mid-day that he was home he was amazing and let me rest while he took care of the children and got things ready for Sunday.  We have also fit in more play dates with friends and cousins.  Along with doing some art, science, memorizing, and TONS of reading.  They also have their daily things that they have to accomplish before playing on the tablets including reading, journal and piano.  Some times these things get done first thing in the morning and some times not until late at night but usually the children are motivated to do them and don't mind the tasks too much.  I really do enjoy having my children home and will miss them again when they head back to school on Monday.
These first five photos is what happens when I let the children take pictures
#6 Boy and #3 Girl cuddling

#2 Boy! Too Close a little too close!

Photo of the Boys





The children wanted to make "the longest heart chain"  I used my paper cutter to do the strips and the children stayed busy for a while making this long chain of hearts.  #2 Boy asked to hang it on the wall.  I suggested that it might fit better on the banister

Science project fun

I pulled out my "Living Christ" photos and things from last year and thought it would be nice to review.  I love them as place mats!

Our wall is always full of wonderful art!

The kids (mostly #1 Girl and #2 Boy) have been pulled into books and loving it!  They have read for many many hours.  #2 Boy found a series, "Captain Underpants" that he fell in love with when he first laid eyes on it.  It took him less then a day to read 3 books and then rereading 2 of them aloud to his younger siblings (starting Friday).   On Monday we got 5 more books and between yesterday and today he has finished those also.  #1 Girl also read through all those and have two other series she is also reading books from.  I love that they are reading so much and enjoying it!

#5 Boy drawing in his journal...I can't decide if he will be right handed or left handed.

He draws equally well with both.  My other children are all right handed, but since I am left I am interested to see what happens!

I look over from the couch to see #1 Girl helping #5 Boy with his morning prayers...sweet sweet times!

#4 Boy and #3 Girl putting on "a play" being Bowser (from Super Mario Brothers).  These two have played a lot together while #2 Boy and #1 Girl are busy reading.  They listen to music on #2 Girl's bed, create books, and draw pictures.  I love that my kids love each other!


No comments :

Post a Comment