February 19, 2013

Valentine's Day

I love how much the children enjoy each holiday.  Valentine's was no different.  The older children had fun creating valentine boxes (#2 Boy was the only one who had to bring one to school but the others joined in the fun).  
#2 Boy's valentine box house

They loved waking up to Valentine treats from Grandma and Papa

#1 Girl's valentine box building
After school the children gathered around the table and opened each valentine reading who it was from mixed with comments of "ugh... he gave me one that says he wants to be mine" or "Hey, I got another one of these!" 
After school delight
Dad brought home some lovely flowers and some candy for me to enjoy...and I gave him a project to work on :-)  I put his baseball cards that were just sitting in a box into binders and now he has been rearranging them!
 
The greatest highlight for me was the children making a Valentine Mailbox for our family.  We all had the chance to write or draw valentines for each member of the family.  I loved hearing them excitedly work on their valentines for each other.  I loved their excitement as each valentine was pulled out of the mailbox after dinner and delivered to the person it belonged to.  I also loved watching each recipient show appreciation and love as they looked at/read their letters and thanked the person that made it to them.  It made me smile to know that they also included drawings for the "newborn baby" that isn't born yet...that were delivered to my belly.  It was a very sweet evening!
holding the mailbox

#1 Girl's valentine to me...she even included a poem!

#6 Boy looking at his valentines

Dad looking hot and reading his valentines

The action and excitement!
I love seeing my family love one another!

No comments :

Post a Comment