April 10, 2014

Clothes #4: Storage and Grab

Now this is the true secret for a large family.  Saving clothes to pass on but doing it in a manageable easy way.  As we got rid of the dressers and moved to IKEA bins I decided that I might as well also have clothes bins in our storage room.  Since the shelves were deeper, my husband made these shelves for the bins but wood gluing pieces of wood onto plywood.  They can fit two bins deep.  Each bin is labeled with what size of clothes it has in it.  Then as one kid grows out of one size into the next, we simply bring down the outgrown clothes bins and replace with the next size up bins.  I can also quickly grab clothes if someone needs something that is in a different size.  I also use the large ones for their shoes/sandals.  I haven't put up a rod yet, but would like to have a hanging rod to leave all coats on.  Currently they are also in a bin or on the top shelf in a pile.

Clothes #1: Laundry Decor
Clothes #2: How to do Laundry in a Day
Clothes #3: Get Rid of the Dressers

No comments :

Post a Comment