April 3, 2014

Clothes #2: Laundry Day

Yes, I have ONE laundry day.  Even with a large family I have been able to keep it to one day most weeks.  I love having one day so that I don't have to think about it all week and when it is "done" it stays "done" for a week and not just a day.  We are pushing our limits with just one washer and one dryer getting it done in one day.

How to get Laundry Done in a Day:
1. Start a load before getting ready or eating breakfast (usually this is out of my "laundry room bin")
2. ALL laundry bins must be in the laundry room before children leave for school
3. Plan a day at home for cleaning so you can be around when laundry needs to be switched.
4. Separate darks, lights and whites and towels into bins
5. Be Listening when the dryer beeps and pull out the load.
6. Try to fold that load right away.  This is where my shelves come in handy: Since we wash clothes from all people at the same time I have set up a shelving system in my laundry room.  I have half a shelf per family member.  Youngest two go on the bottom and we work our way up (except baby gets to share with Mom/Dad or Towels).  As I fold the clothes go straight into "shirt," "pants," "P.J." piles.  I also keep a supply of hangers on the top rack and when clothes need to be hung they hang on the side of the shelf by the doorway.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all loads are done.
8. At night have all family members return clothes and bins to their proper drawers.

Clothes #1: Cute Laundry Room Decor Link 
Clothes #3: Get Rid of the Dresser
Clothes #4: Storage and Grab

No comments :

Post a Comment