June 7, 2013

#4 Boy's Personality

#4 Boy has his own unique personality some times knowing exactly what he wants and other times changing his mind often.  At meal time he will often tell us what he wants to eat and then change his mind again, and again, and again.  He tries to be sweet and considerate though.  An example would be that he would ask, "Did you already cook it, 'cause I can eat it" or when I signed him up for soccer because he told me he wanted to play.  As we were heading to the first game he told us, "I don't want to play soccer.  Did you already sign me up for it?  Did you have to pay for it?  Then I guess I will play."  Another example was the other day when he was helping me build the new baby's dresser he was telling me, "I will keep screwing these ones in because it is hard to do, and you shouldn't have to do all the hard things.  You work lots and I can help so you don't have to do as much work."

One day this past week I was sitting at the computer and he told me, "Mom, I want those things that we saw at the store, not last time that we went but the time before."  I asked him to tell me what it was.  He said, "I don't know what it is called but it is orange with a hole in the middle."  I guessed a few things I could think of and continued that I had no idea.  He left and a little later came up to me with this (in photo).  He said, "I want one of these."  I continued to guess what it was...and finally guessed, "Is it cheese?"  He got excited and replied, "Yeah!  That's it!  Cheese Its!"  (Now I see it!)  We bought cheese its the next day.

#4 Boy is to the point that he needs more to keep him busy each day then just play with toys. I have printed off coloring by numbers, word searches, and many coloring activities.  One of those was this circus set.  The older kids also wanted to color when they got home.  This is #1 Girl's circus.  I love the detail she puts into it.

Another time he drew a smiley face and a rectangle around it.  He asked me, "Mom can you draw the other things that go on this, like from the store.  It goes on that rectangle thing like this (and he drew another small rectangle to show me)."  I asked, "Do you mean a receipt from Costco?" He replied, "Yeah!  That!"


#4 Boy was also showing me this "A" he made out of sticks.  It is lots of fun watching my children learn and grow and see more of their own personality.

No comments :

Post a Comment