May 28, 2013

Detailed Week

Here is a 'detailed week' though I will admit I am still leaving out so much of what happens daily.
It always seems to amaze me how busy my weeks can get when there doesn't seem to be too much on the calendar at the beginning of this week.  Yes, this week ended  up being another of those weeks.  I had so much going on and yet seemed to have lots of 'down' time also.  I found out Tuesday that on Wednesday the second graders were allowed to bring their bikes to school for a safety lesson.  My neighbor that I carpool with thought it would be fun to bike to and from school with the children.  They enjoyed doing it but it did mean getting the older two out the door about 30 minutes earlier and also getting #3 Girl's bike to school mid-day since she would bike home with them in the afternoon.  I also had a lovely visit from friend and her children.  They stayed all morning.  I love catching up with her and our children played well together.  I am excited that she will soon be moving close so that I can see some more of her!
On Thursday I did morning and afternoon carpool since my neighbor had done it the day before AND I had told my sister-in-law I would pick up her children from school in the afternoon.   It works well for me, but not so much for them ;-).  They are good big sisters and all the kids enjoyed playing with little people and watching a movie.

Little People keeping the little people entertained!
 That evening Dad and I had planned to go to the ward temple dinner and do some temple work after.  Earlier in the week getting a sitter lined up was a bit of a juggle but we had help and figured it out.  Well, right before we are suppose to go Dad looks at his temple recommend and realized that it expired last month.  So we scratched those plans but headed out on a date night anyway.  We hit a cell phone store and got a couple new phones...yes, now we have new phone numbers that we have to change EVERYWHERE! But, the plan is a ton better and cheaper than what we were paying so the switch will be good!
By Friday I really needed to get my shopping in for the week and was able to do a quick run in the morning.  That afternoon kids went to cousin's birthday party and had tons of fun.  After Dad got home had dinner and we decided to start on some projects.    I wanted to get the garden covered so that I could plant tomatoes that I had picked up the week before.  They were starting to suffer getting knocked over and not getting enough water.  We were able to get most of the garden area covered but apparently we have more than 880 sq ft of garden since we ran out of ground cover.  We also got the tomatoes in the ground, rhubarb trimmed and the lawn mowed. That night we also watched three of sister's girls while she went and visited daughter in the hospital.
A picture of the garden covered... after we got the trampoline in the ground (the tomato plants can't be seen too well in this photo)

With it being a three day weekend our soccer on Saturday was cancelled leaving the whole day open.  Dad was able to get his truck fixed and get inspections done on it.  We also went to IFA and got some more chicken stuff.
This actually shows that our dirt is growing grass!! ...but it shows the coop too ;-)

Then we finished putting up our pergola for the back patio.
We have already enjoyed a couple meals under the pergola
The rest of the day was spent getting the trampoline in the ground.  Dad had to do most of the work.  I would jump in and help for five minutes here or there, but just don't last long being 34+ weeks pregnant.  The kids played outback in the sprinklers and 'helped' Dad.
Kids and Dad getting the dirt dug out flat under the legs

#6 Boy watching Dad work...almost done...just a little more dirt inside and outside for support

Enjoying the end product.

The trampoline and garden area.

#6 Boy hiding out


On Sunday, we went to church.  I taught sharing time.  Right after church Dad went home teaching and then our home teachers came when he got back.  The rest of the day was a day of rest (we had talked about visiting family but decided not to).  We did take a family walk.  Part way through my feet began to swell and I was sore.  I was ready to sit with my feet up and rest again!
Monday was Memorial Day, after working hard all Friday/Saturday we decided to do some fun things with the kids.  We started off the day early by getting down to Grandma's by 8:30 am.  Uncle put together a breakfast and weeding at Grandma's home.  It was enjoyable.  Then we went and saw Grandpa's grave.
Grandma telling the adults stories

After that we stopped for lunch.  Then went to the Living Planet Aquarium.  Each of the children bought a toy after with their money.
Kids watching the river otters

At the petting area

Petting the sea animals
Sister invited us over, so we stopped there and let the kids play with their cousins for a while.  When we got home we had hot dogs over the fire.


#6 Boy and Mom.  #6 Boy loved poking the hot dog buns with the fork over and over again

#5 Boy cooking his hot dogs

Dad was the main hot dog cooker keeping busy with multiple sticks and hot dogs at a time

#3 Girl and #4 Boy had fun sharing a chair...the joys of being little!

#1 Girl wanted this silly picture of her
 With Monday being a holiday it means that my usual Monday things (laundry, cleaning and appointments) get pushed off until Tuesday making today super busy getting all those things done.  I had my usual Primary Presidency meeting this morning and in the afternoon went to the midwife.  Baby #7 is measuring right on and has a strong heartbeat.  He has been sitting head down...way down for a while now.  His back has been pushing against by back but has turned just a little so his back is on my side today.  It's amazing to think that this little guy will be coming out "soon" (I am not counting down days or even weeks yet...but after my next appointment I start going every week).  My midwife asked the boys if I was still carrying #6 Boy.  Yes, I carry this little boy lots throughout the day.  He is growing and starting to play and entertain himself more though.
#6 Boy doing the actions to a song we learned in story time
#6 Boy was being a silly boy while Dad was out on a date with #5 Boy tonight.  He would try to do the actions to one of our story time songs and also figured out where to hit for head and shoulders while singing, "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes." 

No comments :

Post a Comment