October 4, 2011

Tomato Art

Yes, We have a lot of produce that comes out of our garden...so much that the kids think they need to make some Tomato Art. 
We picked 42 lemon cucumbers on Wed and another 31 on Saturday here are some of the first batch.

We also picked a bunch of tomatoes Saturday.  These two bowls full of tomatoes were picked only two days later on Monday.

So, when the kids ask if they can eat tomatoes, I have no problem with them eating away. But, as I came out of my garden the other day instead of eating tomatoes, they were making Tomato Art.  My first instinct was to stop them in their tracks, I asked them to stop and throw their tomatoes into the compost, but after only a moment, I told them they could finish their art with what tomatoes they had left in their hands.  Maybe I will let them do some more beautiful art work with the tomatoes that the racoons and mice have nibbled on.
#3 Girl and #2 Boy doing Tomato Art

#4 Boy next to a portrait of himself done by #2 Boy.

No comments :

Post a Comment