May 25, 2011

Home Decor

Our Home:  designed and built by #1 Girl!
I have been planning on putting pictures up since shortly after we moved in, but first wanted to get most things in working order and then spring hit so we headed outdoors.  This week I started decorating and things are starting to click into place.  I am loving having my home more personalized.  Though there is lots more to add.  Here are some of the highlights.
Master Bathroom I am going for a travel theme...I have decor on other walls too.

I added this hook for some of my necklaces and LOVE it!

Add a 'family tree' and a wooden Eagle that Dad's Grandpa made for him when he got his Eagle.
Brian broke two toilet seats in less than a week, so we bought some fun ones.  This one is on the main floor and comes with a toddler toilet seat.

It just hides in the lid magnetically!  Love it! (time to potty train #4 Boy...maybe)

On Monday I went to Roberts to get some supplies to make planets to hang for the boys room...  They got these awesome balloons with LONG strings.  It was such a delight!

We ended up not making the planets and stars since it was cheaper to buy glow-in-the-dark ones that hang from the ceiling.
The kids had fun helping decorate with tons of stickers and plastic pieces.
The Boys Ceiling during the day...

...and glowing during the night!

The next day we worked on the girls room.  We bought a night light projector so they would have something when it gets dark.  They love it!
We also hand-cut butterflies to hang all over the walls and hung up their new curtains.  Later I added the mirror from the old bedroom with a little extra string to give it more style.  Then today we got the nylon butterflies I had ordered on Tuesday and added them to the drapes.  I am loving their butterfly room.  I have a mobile we want to make and add.  This has been fun to do while watching #3 Girl's caterpillars transform. 
I realized I didn't post a picture of our magnetic wall after it was done.  We love having our creative learning wall.

I add flowers and things earlier but this week got some pictures up to match.  I love these pictures!
I was looking at this space in the laundry room wondering what I would put there and then it hit me.  I quickly drew it on a paper and assembled it with things we had (we had to buy some clothes pins and I would like to reprint some pictures...but this wall makes me smile!  It's not so bad folding laundry and changing diapers when you get to look at these cute faces!

No comments :

Post a Comment