May 17, 2011

A little Dirt and Water

This week reminded me of a Song from Signing Time titled Look at My Hands
"Oh Whoa! Look at my hands, look at my hands they’re DIRTY
Oh Whoa! Look at my hands, look at my hands they’re DIRTY
A little soap and water a little soap and water
Oh Whoa! Look at my hands, look at my hands they’re CLEAN
Oh Whoa! Look at my hands, look at my hands they’re CLEAN
Oh Whoa! Look at my hands, look at my hands they’re CLEAN
A little dirt and water a little dirt and water
Oh Whoa! Look at my hands, look at my hands they’re DIRTY"

This week has been a dirty one!
#2 Boy and #4 Boy  making a sand castle while visiting Grandma and Papa's

While Dad and I were digging up the weed tree out front one of our neighbors walked by and asked if we wanted their old sandbox.  The kids have LOVED it!

#4 Boy riding on the roots of the tree we cut down

#5 Boy a little dirty at lunch time

Dad tilling the garden while #1 Girl and #2 Boy cut branches to burn and the younger kids play in the sand box.  Tilling took most of Saturday.  The older two also had a soccer game.

#1 Girl and #4 Boy made this "Rockman" (like a snowman)

On Monday I planted more plants in the front garden
We are loving having some more color out front
  
#3 Girl and #2 Boy watering the plants
We also planted our vegetable garden Monday night.  We are hoping the plants will make it. 

#2 Boy's pumpkin plant from the primary activity

Our Garden
 Our garden has corn, pumpkin, rhubarb, watermelon, grapes, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, beans, peas, jalapenos, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, lettuce, cilantro, green onions, yellow onions, celery, strawberries, blueberry bush (and soon to include raspberries and a plum tree).  We are SO excited to have so much space to grow food...hopefully it will grow!

No comments :

Post a Comment