April 26, 2011

Salt Lake City - Conference Center

We had spent a couple of hours at the museum but it felt nice to be out doing something.  I had debated about doing more downtown.  My kids seemed to be doing great so I figured we'd go for it.  As we parked the kids asked about the HUGE building.  I told them it was the Conference Center and that is where the Prophet and Apostle's speak for General Conference.  They were excited to see the building and grounds so we decided to start there.
All the kids racing toward one of the water fountains

I think the kids could sit and watch the water forever.  The fountains have a sign in them that say "recirculating water."  After the first fountain the kids had to exclaim that it had the same "recut...cir..ling water" like the first.

Yes, #4 Boy dressed himself...displaying the four seasons with a baseball hat for spring, jacket for fall, shorts for summer and snow boots for winter.  Couldn't have displayed the weather out here more accurately if I had dressed him!

#2 Boy posing with the temple in the background

#1 Girl in front of the water fall

#3 Girl loved getting wet...One of my memories of  #3 Girl was on top of the Conference Center.  We had just seen the SLC Temple and she breaks into song and dance of "I Love to See the Temple."

The Conference Center has a waterfall on it that out does all the other water fountains

The kids LOVED it!

It is beautiful and you can see it from the inside through a large window

#5 Boy making a silly face

The guide pointing out where the Prophet speaks and showing the amazing structure of the building (#4 Boy was trying to help me with the camera!)

#3 Girl went up to our tour guide and took a hold of his hand.  It was so cute!  He turned and asked me if it was okay.  I was great with it.  She held his hand most of the tour.

On top of the Conference Center they have created a beautiful landscape it has a wonderful view of the city.

Our guide offered to take a picture of all of us, but #4 Boy wasn't really in the mood...what a surprise.
As we waited to take the elevator down the guide commented on how good the kids were.  A couple of Russian ladies asked to take a picture of all the kids exclaiming that they haven't seen that many children in a long time!  Another gentleman asked if the kids knew Jimmer (an amazing BYU basketball player) since my kids were all in BYU outfits.  We haven't seen any of the games but the kids often get asked about him when wearing their BYU clothes.  I decided I should let my kids know who he was so that next time someone asked them they could answer.  After telling the kids, "Jimmer plays basketball for BYU."  Erik asked, "Why does everyone ask about him?"  I answered, "Because he is a really good player and makes lots of shots."  Erik's reply, "Well aren't there other BYU basketball players on his team? Why don't people ask us about them?"  I must say I had to agree with my son on this one...though I do understand the hype about Jimmer.

No comments :

Post a Comment