September 15, 2010

EQ Humiliation

Sometime we as parents suffer humiliation at the hand of our kids. This Sunday #4 Boy wet through his pants during sacrament meeting and we didn't have an extra pair. When I dropped him off at nursery I apologized to the teachers there for not having pants on him. I was embarrassed but didn't think much of it until later during Elders Quorum (EQ). Our EQ teacher had happened to substitute in nursery as well that day. He started his lesson by saying something like "sometimes you just really look forward to Elders Quorum. Like today, I substituted in nursery, and the kids seemed to be unusually crazy" (paraphrased). He then proceeded to list several of the crazy things that the kids had done or that had happened in nursery starting with...you guessed it..."there were kids without pants..." while making an obvious gesture in my direction. One of the Elders and friend, facetiously asked, "why is he pointing at you?" Needless to say I was embarrassed.

It reminded me of another time in EQ back when #1 Girl was a toddler. I had been assigned to share a missionary moment. I took #1 Girl up in front of the EQ to give my report. As I was recounting my missionary moment and noticed that several of the Elders were snickering which was odd because I wasn't trying to be funny. I looked over at #1 Girl to find that she had one finger firmly planted in her nose. I pulled her finger out and told her not to do that. She promptly placed both index fingers back in her nose. One for each nostril. It was a funny but very embarrassing moment.

No comments :

Post a Comment