September 1, 2010

Bird House, Books, Puzzles

This last week we did a few crafts. While at my parent's home my mom walked in with this bird house and the kids got so excited about it being a bird house and how much they would love a bird house that it made it's way home with me. I finally found the prefect time to pull out this craft and let the kids enjoy it. I had each child paint one side and then share another side. It didn't turn out like the oriental picture that was attached but I think it still turned out beautiful!
kids painting

#4 Boy's side, #2 Boy's side and a shared side.

#1 Girl's side, a shared side and #3 Girl's side

This past week we had a lesson on kindness and each day we picked someone to be kind to. On the day that #2 Boy had Dad he made a maze for him. After that he also wanted to make a book. I used one of my mom's old tricks for using one piece of paper and one cut to create a little book.  #2 Boy did all the writing and drawing. It was a book about a bird and some bird houses.

#2 Boy also made some puzzles this week. We pulled out the Friend and Ensign magazines and he would cut out a picture. After that I would draw some lines on the back so that he could cut along the lines to make his puzzle. #1 Girl tried doing one but got frustrated after cutting through one of the pieces and decided not to do any more.  #2 Boy on the other hand made about 8 different puzzles

I found this craft for 29 cents and couldn't resist. However, making the dinosaurs ended up being a craft for Mom and Dad to do.

No comments :

Post a Comment