May 21, 2014

Crafts for 8 year olds

As #2 Boy gets older crafting gets easier...on me.  (Not only do I not have to come up with crafts for him but he also helps his siblings learn the crafts).  He is able to find crafts he likes online and figure out how he wants to do them.  He also comes up with his own crafts.  One not shown is weaving paper.  Yesterday, I walked into the kitchen and I asked what he was doing.  He answered, "I am trying to learn to weave." He had cut all his paper into lines and was weaving but having a hard time getting them to stay.  So I showed him quickly how he could weave by not cutting the ends of one of the pieces of paper.  He then went on to teach #4 Boy how to weave.  Love it!
#2 Boy and #4 Boy's Chickens

They also worked on making a stop motion movie with their chickens

I quickly taught #2 Boy how to make these origami books and he created books and stories

#2 Boy made a maze...

and a code to figure out how to get through the maze

#2 Boy also looked up how to make paper cranes (I had taught him a while ago but he forgot) and then taught #1 Girl and #4 Boy how to make them.  He also made one paper crane for each of his other siblings with their names on it.  (So thoughtful!)

#4 Boy's crane

Then made it into a mobile and hung it

Lovely Cranes

I love all the colors and heights used

This is another craft he took a box, turned it inside out and drew a car.  Then he attached strings to the top and wore it around for a while.

No comments :

Post a Comment