July 6, 2013

4th of July


Happy 4th of July!
This year I decided we wouldn't end up sewing pajama bottoms for the Fourth of July, but we still wanted to do something fun.  We let the children decorate some shorts with bleach pens.  They had lots of fun!
#3 Girl decorating

#2 Boy

#1 Girl doing stars

#4 Boy

Mom helping #6 Boy

#6 Boy wanted to do it on his own

#5 Boy wanted some help from#1 Girl

Mom working on #7 Boy's

some of the shorts

and some more.. Dad's sadly didn't bleach as well as the other shorts.















My little fireworks!

Happy 4th of July from my little crew
Traditions continue after making the pajamas we made it up to Great Grandma's home for pajama parade, games, and sleepover.  (Well, I didn't sleep over...Dad did with the older six kids).  [Thank you Grandma for most of the rest of the photos]


#2 Boy playing a Minute to Win It game

#2 Boy with his big nose
#1 Girl and Grandma

Great Grandma holding#7 Boy

Decorating Grandma's ride

Samuel and Julia

#4 Boy and Great Grandma

Kids and Dad all lined up to sleep on the tarp on the grass
Then the night got interesting.  As I was home feeding #7 Boy in the middle of the night it was lightning, thundering and down pouring.  I was hoping it wasn't up in Bountiful...but it was!
Dad managed to cover the kids with the tarp, then moved all the kids to the carport but the rain was seeping in.  He says he didn't sleep from about 2:30-5:30am.  Poor Dad and kids.  I was glad I was home in my bed.  Great Grandma told me the next morning that she was worried about me being out in the rain with #7 Boy not realizing I had gone home.  I was glad to be home.
Some of the group listening to the band in the morning

Grandma's view of the kids

Our family listening to the Star Spangled Banner

#1 Girl and cousins with Grandma's sweet ride
BBQ and swimming at Grandma and Papa's

#6 Boy eating with cousins

#7 Boy being loved

No comments :

Post a Comment