June 7, 2011

May's Kids Say the Funniest Things

  • 5-30-11 While swimming in my parent's pool. $3 Boy would exclaim to Dad, "Push me out into the ocean" or "I jumped into the ocean!"
  • 5-30-11 The scouts put the flag out front. So all the kids were gathered around. #4 Boy was near the back and exclaimed, "Mom, I can't see the grand ol' flag!"
  • 5-24-11 After hanging up planets in the kids room #2 Boy was pointing to Pluto and asked, "Is that where Santa lives?" I wasn't sure why he would think that until we were naming the planets again he got to Pluto and called it, "The elf planet, Pluto." (it's a dwarf planet...but pretty close!)
  • 5-20-11 #5 Boy was making sounds in his high chair. I said, "#5 Boy you are a silly boy." #2 Boy commented, "#5 Boy is a MONKEY!"
  • 5-19-11 After #3 Girl said her evening prayer she ended with "goodbye." Then she turned to me and explained, "I said my prayer and said goodbye to my prayer." I asked why. Her reply made sense to me, " 'Cause I love Jesus!"
  • 5-17-11 #3 Girl was talking about including #5 Boy and said, "and #5 Boy too. #4 Boy is really two but that doesn't mean HE is poopy." (She has been learning what 1 and 2 mean apparently!)
  • 5-14-11 When #4 Boy wants something he asks for it and ends with, "Please and Thank You" before he even gets whatever he wants.
  • 5-12-11 #1 Girl was getting changed. She pointed at a freckle on her stomach and asked me, "Mom is this the hole where a baby comes from?"
  • 5-8-11 #3 Girl singing I Love to see the Temple. "...of loving Sleeping Beauty."
  • 5-8-11 #3 Girl singing the song Search, Ponder and Pray sings, "Church Ponder and Pray..."
  • 5-7-11 #1 Girl taking a bath, "I want to get as wrinkly as great great grandma."
  • 5-6-11 #3 Girl on a date with Dad, "For my next birthday I want to touch the stars." (How will you get there?) "A big bird could carry me up there."
  • 5-6-11 #3 Girl on her birthday stepping down from the stool in front of the mirror, "I'm a LITTLE bit taller."
  • 5-6-11 #2 Boy looking at a small spider, "It has a circle in the middle and lots of lines coming out from it. I don't know what kind of spider that is."
  • 5-2-11 I was working on something I decided to stop. #3 Girl asked why and I told her, "because little monkeys are torturing me." She innocently replied, "But what if little monkeys torture you a different time."
  • 5-2-11 #2 Boy exclaims, "Look, those birds are making a 7!"

No comments :

Post a Comment