March 23, 2010

Laundry

As the kids are getting older I love discovering more ways in which they can help around the house. The kids have been helping sort out clothes and fold towels/rags for a long time. Recently #1 Girl has been getting excited to fold her own clothes. When diapers are done #2 Boy is often there beside me helping to stack and organize them (though these are not during regular laundry time). This last laundry day the kids did awesome and I loved feeling like we could really all work together instead of me trying to do it while entertaining the kids.
I had the kids unload the dryer and carry out the baskets full of laundry to the living room. We worked together to sort the laundry. #1 Girl started folding her own clothes. As I folded Dad and my clothes I asked her to go ahead and start on the other kids clothes. #2 Boy was interested in helping so I had him matching and sticking socks together and sorting out who the socks and underwear belonged to. #3 Girl did a great job at folding the rags (and later had help with the big towels). #4 Boy was happily napping during this time so that I didn't have that factor in there. We were able to get laundry done so quickly and the kids loved being more involved in it.

No comments :

Post a Comment