July 17, 2012

Indepedence Day with the Peanuts Crew

Enjoying our Freedom as the Peanuts
Charlie Brown

Snoopy

Sally Brown

Linus van Pelt

Woodstock

Schroeder

Lucy van Pelt

Peppermint Patty
At night we have a pajama parade around the house and down the street.  After that we sleep on Great Grandma's lawn.  




In the morning we get up to watch the band come around and go to the church for breakfast.

Here comes the Band!

Not too bad for a band that practices once the night before and most the people play their instruments once a year.  I think this year there were about 9 people from our extended family.



 After getting home I agreed to face painting....
Witch

Batman

Flag

Stars

Witch
 We went down to Grandma and Papa's for swimming and then came back home for a neighborhood BBQ and Fireworks display
We had some pretty crazy fireworks!  One landed on our roof, one bounced around the neighbor's tree and another one (that was suppose to shoot into the air) tipped over  and shot straight at three of my kids and neighbors.  They jumped up with the kids and ran.  I was across the street and as I ran to save my kids another shot passed hitting their grass.  Luckily they wrapped in a blanket.  It burned a hole through the blanket and burnt #3 Girl. 
After Dad had cleaned it up.


#4 Boy's ankle got burned

The next morning #3 Girl showing off her burns.  The first thing she told me when she woke up was, "My burn from the fireworks doesn't hurt any more!" But, she only wants to watch fireworks through a window now, and I don't blame her!

No comments :

Post a Comment