May 1, 2012

Utah Capitol Building

I was looking for things to keep the kids busy while off track and came across a suggestion of doing a tour of the capitol. Not sure my kids would get a ton from it, but thought it would be good exposure for the kids and camera ;) A couple of other families decided to join me.  Since the tour wasn't until one, Sister and I went to the the Church History Museum.  The kids enjoy talking about the different historical objects and love the part that is geared toward children.  Then we had a picnic outside of the capitol.  Other sister called on her way up and said her son didn't have shoes, which I loved because the day before Sister and I were going to go on the Sweet's Candy Factory Tour but wasn't able to because we didn't know about the closed toed shoes rules. (Note: we still bought yummy candy ...the best part of the tour... and then we went to a park Sister helped build so it was still a wonderful day). Anyway, I had #4 Boy's shoes and #2 Boy's sandals in the car so cousin was able to borrow those!  I can say I learned a few things on this tour.
Picnic first

The group on the glass floor... the kids loved this!

#4 Boy

#3 Girl

#4 Boy

From the Window

"Watching a Meeting"

Old Court Room

Cousins

Some more of the group that took the stairs...Sister and I had strollers and took the elevator...I was great at getting us on the WRONG level... it was a good adventure!

Really Tall Brigham Young

Our Group on the Grand Staircase!

Just out front

#4 Boy and cousin would just sit there and say, "CHEESE!"

#5 Boy is at a great age for posing

#5 Boy

#2 Boy

#1 Girl and #5 Boy

A few of the kids on the beehive...we are all bees working together!

Enjoying the little patch of grass

No comments :

Post a Comment