May 14, 2012

#3 Girl's Beach Party

#3 Girl "at the beach" and loving her cake
This year we let #3 Girl have a friend party.  She wanted to have a beach birthday party.  Even though we didn't go to the beach and it wasn't really hot that day we still had a blast!  The invitation we gave to everyone had a picture of her at the beach with the information on it.  We just had the photo printed at Costco and passed them out.  She is lucky to have tons of cousins her age and a lot of girls in the ward her age.  Everyone had a great time as we enjoyed "the beach" in our own backyard.
#4 Boy playing Pin the Fish in the Ocean (each child made their own fish to pin).

The kids were met with leis.  This is a few of the group.

The kids had fun playing on this water bladder made with a big piece of plastic duct taped together

They each got buckets and got to dig in the sand for sea shells to keep

Some more water bladder fun

Kids jumped on the trampoline. 

Playing musical beach towels was interesting trying to get them all to go around in a circle and lay down and "bathe in the sun."

#3 Girl with the pinata made by wrapping candy in tissue paper

To open the pinata they had to drench it with their water guns.  The kids god pretty creative.

#3 Girl taking a turn

It was a little nippy out and the kids cuddled up a few times in their towels after getting wet
Dad got drenched

They loved getting Dad wet as much as they did the pinata so Dad finally went and stood behind the pinata

It took a long time but finally they broke through and the bags of candy fell down

As we sang Happy Birthday

Enjoying cake and ice cream

The people at the other table also enjoying cake and ice cream
Saturday #3 Girl got tons of presents from all her friends.  She loves them.  On Sunday was #3 Girl's real birthday so she got her presents from family.  I love how much the kids enjoy getting gifts for each other.
#3 Girl's Bed Tent closed (hung with a tension rod)

And how it looks tied back open

#3 Girl was pretty sure she was getting roller blades for her birthday and loves having her own set since the older kids got some for Christmas and she would always have to wait for her turn.

She loves her umbrella

All the kids love her table and chairs
We are so glad to have little miss #3 Girl as our girl.  She is excited to be 5 and can't wait to start kindergarten.  She was also delighted when she FINALLY got to give a talk in primary on her birthday.


#3 Girl's Talk.  I can Choose the Right when I am baptized a Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Today is my 5th birthday.  I love having birthdays and being 5.  I am also excited to be 8 because I will be baptized and have the Holy Ghost in me.  Jesus set a good example when he was baptized.   In the Living Christ it reminds us that, “Though sinless, He was baptized to fulfill all righteousness.”    So, even though Jesus didn’t do anything bad he still had to be baptized.  Sometimes I make bad choices, but when I do the right thing I have a happy face.  We need to do the right thing like Jesus did and be baptized.  Then all the bad things I have done go away and I have the Holy Ghost in me always.  When I don’t have bad things in me that I have done it makes it easier to choose the right.  When I helped Levi get out of his buckle it wasn’t a hard thing to do and it made it easier the next time since I know it wasn’t hard to do. Having the Holy Ghost in you helps you choose the right and be happy because he helps you know when you need to be nice to people.  So being baptized is a good choice and so I can be clean and good.  So I will Choose the Right and be baptized when I am eight.   In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments :

Post a Comment