September 21, 2009

Paint, Mirrors, and Clips

I have been wanting to figure out a place to put the hair bows and flowers that I keep making for the girls' hair. One of my last ideas was to put ribbon around the outside of a long-back-of-the-door mirror so the bows could clip onto that. However, when we went to the mirror sections I found these mirrors and fell in love with them. I loved that the colors went so well in the kids room so I wanted to do something besides put ribbon all around the edges. This is what I came up with: A flower in the corner with three ribbons coming down.
This shows the mirrors at the kids level, behind the door, with the hair clips attached.
On Monday we went and bought paint for the kitchen and on Tuesday night I painted: a pale yellow on top and a bright green on the bottom. It is hard to tell the color in this picture, but you get the idea. We are going to put up a chair rail some time too.
We have also been going through our things trying to get rid of stuff that we don't need and don't use that often. I have a HUGE mound in the corner of our bedroom. We have posted some of it to sell on craiglist. Whatever doesn't go by Friday night will be donated to the Stake Gift of the Heart exchange. I might just have a little more space around here.

No comments :

Post a Comment