April 3, 2012

Learning Day by Day

We try to learn something new each day. I have been learning to bake some new things and some times I fail but that's alright...I'm learning.  The kids are also learning.  They are a lot more cute and fun to take pictures of as they learn.  I have been having the middle children get some things done before they play for the day.  Their routine besides getting dressed and ready for the day includes: piano, reading and journal.  #1 Girl also does reading and has been working on learning new songs on the piano by herself.  I have loved watching as my children grow and learn.  Everyday, #5 Boy brings me a coloring book that he has decided is his journal and asks for me to help him with it.  He has also taken over the reading book after #4 Boy gets done with it and wants me to teach him how to read.  It is fun that he is learning that he can enjoy these things too.
#5 Boy wanting to read
#5 Boy learning to read... or at least recognize letter sounds

 #2 Boy is a great reader and is reading harder books way past his grade level

#5 Boy practicing cutting paper

#3 Girl has been practicing her writing skills as she copies my writing in her journal.

The kids are learning about gardening (#5 Boy pulled up a tulip (NOT a weed!)...we are all learning).

We are also learning what Heavenly Father would have us learn as we listened to Conference this last weekend.

No comments :

Post a Comment